Title: Oracle Analyst/Architect
Duration: 6 Month Contract-to-Hire
Location: Wilkes Barre PA
Must be able to obtain a USPS Sensitive clearance and must live within 1 hours of Wilkes-Barre, PA or willing to relocate on own expense with 1 month.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Provides business and technical expertise to management and stakeholders to facilitate planning, set direction, define business initiatives, and develop solutions to business information systems needs and requirements.
• Experience managing a highly transactional (millions of records daily) application with high availability goals.
• Ability to work with the system analysts to translate business requirements to database structure as well as communicate the design to the front end development staff.
• Facilitate design of business information systems that meet stakeholder requirements and are optimal problem solutions within cost and performance.
• Facilitate designs that strengthen application core performance and increase development staff capabilities. Help provide direction for training.
• Develop and execute system test plans to ensure business information systems, workflow, and processes meet stakeholder requirements.
• Responsible for following project management and lifecycle development processes, procedures, and standards to meet extremely high quality assurance goals
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 10+ years data management experience with Bachelors in IT or similar field.
• 10 years of Oracle development experience including but not limited to the creation of packages, procedures, tables views, functions, etc.
• Must have a several year’s experience understanding Advanced Data Constructs and highly partitioned database design. (Oracle 11g – 12c experience a must)
• Knowledge of Oracle partitioning practices and data archival structures and processes.
• Knowledge of Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c with use of tools such as SQLDeveloper, TOAD and ERWIN.
• Must have good understanding of standard Web Application hardware stack under a Linux platform.(Preferable Java and IBM WebSphere)
• Knowledgeable of Agile development methodology and the SCRUM process.
• Must have experience/expertise in Microsoft Word, Visio and Project.
• Basic UNIX capabilities and shell scripting a must.
• Basic understanding of controlled nightly jobs and flat file processing as well as file transmission.
• The ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to sudden modifications
• The ability to work independently or with a team
• The ability to make educated decisions regarding their projects
Candidates must be a US Citizens or Permanent Resident eligible to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance.