Information System Security Engineer – Charleston SC
Shift: First Shift
Duration: 6 Months
Number of Positions: 1
Security Clearance: Must hold an ACTIVE SECRET Security Clearance. MUST BE A US CITIZEN
The Information System Security Engineer is highly-motivated, self-driven team player that has the ability to perform in a fast changing business environment. This candidate will be responsible for Windows systems administration performing the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems.
• Develop information system security policies, processes and plans.
• Manage Secure System and Software Development Lifecycle programs.
• Manage accounts and network rights.
• Manage system resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
• Implementing security procedures and tools.
• Perform audit inspections and vulnerability scans.
• Resolve significant hardware/software interface and interoperability problems.
• Ensure systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency; maintaining systems configuration.
• Manage the installation and integration of system fixes, updates, and enhancements.
Information System Security Engineer
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Associates Degree in Information Technology or Information Systems. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering
• Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
• Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
• Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
• Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
• Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Good written and verbal communication
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Results oriented and fact-based decision making
Must have an ACTIVE SECRET Security Clearance.